The Riverlea street commissioner shall keep himself informed of the condition of all public streets, sewers, street lamps, parks and grounds, pavements and sidewalks, and shall have the supervision of and the acceptance or rejection of all work done for the improvement, construction, or the repair thereof, whether such work be done by contract, by or at the expense of the owners of the adjacent property. He shall see that the provisions of all laws, ordinances, and regulations relating to the public streets and property herein designated are strictly enforced, and no claim for work done on any such property shall be allowed or paid out of the city treasury without the certificate of the street commissioner, that such work has been done to his satisfaction and according to the ordinances, or orders of the council: Provided that any person feeling himself aggrieved in such matters by the street commissioner may appeal to the village council. The street commissioner shall keep a proper record of all matters relating to the business of his office, and shall report to the council, from time to time, such recommendations and suggestions as to matters connected with his department, with plans and estimates of the cost of such improvements and repairs as he may deem expedient, and he shall perform such other duties as may be required of him by ordinance.
910 Dublin Road
Online Water/Sewer Payment
DirectLink: 800-344-4077 between 7:00 am and 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday
Columbia Gas online
Customer Solutions Center: 800-277-2177
Storm Water Management
In order to comply with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Riverlea is required to have a Storm Water Management plan . Part of the action plan is to keep residents informed of how you can help keep our waters clean.
Riverlea’s storm water drains discharge storm water directly into the Olentangy River. We must be careful not to pollute the storm water with any type of household or construction waste material.
Things you can do:
- Dispose of all waste appropriately.
- Do not pour any waste into the storm drains. This includes oils, grease, animal waste, litter, pesticides, etc.
- Recycle approved materials via the weekly trash pickup.
- Keep leaves and grass clippings out of the street and curbs.
- Dispose of Hazardous Materials at the Worthington Service Department.
- Educate and remind your children about these guidelines.
- Report any violations to the Village at (614) 547-3037.
Learn more about Water Quality on the United States Environmental Protection Agency website.
The Ohio Environmental Protection Agency Division of Surface Water website is also a good source of information.
With your help, we can help keep Ohio’s rivers clean.
- Images from the recent Stormwater Outfall Repairs, completed on December 18, 2015.
- USEPA OEPA Stormwater Management Guidance
- Riverlea draft Storm Water Management Plan (SWMP), recently updated, for the current (3rd generation) MS4 Permit period (2014-2018), and addresses the Storm Water Audit Findings & noted violations outlined in the Sep 26, 2014 letter from OEPA.
- OEPA Stormwater Program Phase 2 Factsheet [pdf]
- Public Education & Outreach on Stormwater Impacts
- Public Involvement/Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Construction Site Stormwater Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Stormwater Management in New Development & Redevelopment
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operators
- OEPA 2014-2019 3rd Gen Small MS4 Stormwater Permit
Ohio Environmental Protection Agency Authorization for Small Municipal Separate Storm Sewer Systems to Discharge Storm Water under the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System
- OEPA Riverlea Stormwater Audit Findings Sep 2014
Ohio Environmental Protection Agency Stormwater Audit Findings of Riverlea [pdf]
- Village of Riverlea Sanitary Sewer System Evaluation Study by Burgess & Niple, Engineers, Architects and Planners
- Street Repairs Update: Report As of 09-14-2010, 2:30 pm
- Street Maintenance: Tentative Work Schedule & Sequencing: Resident Notifications & Parking / Limited Access Issues
- 302 West Riverglen Water Leak & Sanitary Sewer Repair
Report and pictures of repair of broken sewer line.
- Street Evaluation and Improvement Program
Final Street Evaluation and Improvement Program Report, prepared by Burgess & Niple for the Village of Riverlea. August 2009
- Ohio EPA’s Findings and Orders (final F&O) for the Village of Riverlea This report, filed by the Ohio EPA,went into effect on Feb. 11, 2009. Because of it, the following two(2) reports were generated. Ohio EPA’s Findings and Orders
- Sewer Overflow Emergency Response Plan
The Sanitary Sewer Overflow Emergency Response Plan (SORP) is designed to ensure that every report of a confirmed sewage overflow is immediately dispatched to the appropriate crews so the effects of the overflow can be minimized with respect to impacts to public health and adverse effects on beneficial uses and water quality of surface waters and customer service. Sewer Overflow Emergency Response Plan
- Sewer System Evaluation Study
The Sewer System Evaluation Study (SSES) is now available.
- Riser Fact Sheet from Columbia Gas